Sunday, February 26, 2012

You Give Me Butterflies {tutorial contest}

So, this week I'm linking up to a tutorial contest on one of my very favorite blogs, Agape Love Designs {check out the blog and shop}. I'm kinda super pumped about it.

Agape Love Tutorial Contest

So, I was perusing Miss Maria's tutorial page to decide on which to follow. I'm telling you, it was kinda hard. There were a lot of super nifty things. And then I saw this.
It's a butterfly. Boom. Done.

Backstory time!
As you may or may not know, I am married to a wonderful man who also happens to be an entomologist. After almost 6 years together, I can almost definitely predict your reaction to that statement. You are probably thinking of the following three things (with my coordinating responses):

#1: "Ento-what?"
"An Entomologist. A scientist who studies insects. A bug-ologist."
#2: "EWWWWW! WHY???"
"Yeah, I know. He really likes it. On the plus side, he does kill them."
#3: "I took an Anthropology class one time!"
 "Entomology. But, you know, six of one, really..."
And now, your face looks like this:

 (most flattering picture of me EVER)

{And to the 2% of you who say, "Oh, COOL!", well, you should probably be friends with my husband. }

Yes, I am married to a bug guy (he's a researcher who finds new ways to kill bad bugs). Yes, he loves his bugs. Yes, I generally think that they are icky. But, I do have some really nifty butterflies on display in my house. And when they are not icky bugs, its actually kind of neat. Nonetheless, I do feel the need to support my husband, so I wind up sporting images of a lot of the prettier bugs. So naturally, I really NEEDED a butterfly clip.


 

I think it turned out awesome. I LOVE IT. I love that its all sparkly and girly and wonderful. And the tutorial was super simple and easy to follow. I made a few changes, basically just to adjust to the materials that I had on hand because I'm way to lazy too go to the store. I also added antennae, because, as you can imagine, biological accuracy is pretty important in this house.


Yeah, I'm going to wear this all week. And by that, I mean all spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment