Monday, March 28, 2011

Anytime Wreath!

I've been seeing these adorable yarn-wrapped wreaths everywhere, and an empty spot in my entryway, so I decided I needed one. But I didn't want one I would have to take down with changing seasons (because, let's face it, it took me until Valentine's Day to take down my Christmas tree). So, I designed my own.

So, I gathered up my supplies: (assemble army of: wreath, yarn, glue gun, velcro, decorations, command hook)

Now, usually, you do these with foam wreath forms. For some reason, I couldn't find any. Or, at least any that weren't too small or like $8 (for JUST FOAM!!!). So I got a straw one, and didn't bother to take the plastic off, and it worked just fine. And it was only $2 at the Hob Lobby.

And I started wrapping it with yarn.

And wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped...
(I advise watching a good TV show marathon while you do this, it takes a while...)

Hot glue it in place when it's all covered, and I was done! Kinda.

I made a few fabric flowers, and drew a bird and an "S" on a pretty scrapbook paper and 'podged it onto a recycled pizza box for decorations. Then, I slapped velcro strips onto the wreath and the back of the decorations, and started designing.

I glued a ribbon to the top for a hanger, and VIOLA!
I'm kinda in love with it. And I can change it whenever seasons change or I get bored. Like so:
AND, the whole shabang was less than $8. Saweeet!

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i think that i LOVE it! and you have inspired me to make an anytime wreath of my own!

    get down with your crafty self, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i am jealous because: 1)this is TOO CUTE and i want one, and 2)because you have an apartment to hang it in.

    sigh...

    only 5 weeks until graduation.

    ReplyDelete