Thursday, March 3, 2011

Paper Flowers!

So, I have been on a crafting kick. Like... seriously, I've made like 29 things this week. I think maybe it has something to do with being surrounded by all the fabulous things at the HobLobby all the time. Whatever, I'm being productive, so let's run with it.

Sidebar: I really like flowers. I do. I would love to have them all over the place. There are, however, two fundamental problems with that. One, I live in an apartment with no outdoor space. Two, I can't grow things. Seriously. I'm really, really good at killing stuff. You know how some people have green thumbs? I have the black thumb of death. I once tried to grow things on the windowsill of my college dorm room. One pot promptly died, and pigeons nested in the other pot. Apparently pigeon poop is not good fertilizer. I digress.

So. I had this really pretty glass bowl thingy. For winter, I had cinnamon sticks in it. And now that it is not winter (sadly, its like 80 degrees outside. I already need sunblock and its only March. Stupid weather), I felt like I needed to zuzh it up. So I made a bouquet. That won't ever wilt. Because I'm awesome. And modest.
How to make paper rosettes

You will need this stuff:

Draw this shape:

Cut it out and start rolling:

Keep rolling until you have this:

Let it go, and hot glue like this:

Press, and you have a lovely rosette!

And, you can use nifty scrapbook paper, and make stuff like this:

Which makes a cool arrangement that I can't kill, and looks super nifty in my living room:

You can use the same method to make felt or fabric flowers, for cute pins or hair clips. Which may or may not be what I shall post about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment