Sunday, January 23, 2011

Easy Recipies: Semi-Stroganoff

So, on those days that I really need to go the grocery store, but can't (or just don't want to), I discover all kinds of interesting meals made from whatever I have in the pantry. This is one of my new favorites, and it's made from stuff I always have on hand. Its definitely one of Phillip's all-time favorite things to eat ever.

Semi-Stroganoff


Ingredients:
1/2 box of pasta
1 pound ground beef
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can water
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbsp. margarine or butter
2 tbsp. Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Prep:
Cook pasta as directed. Don't forget to salt the water. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in large skillet. Season to taste (I use salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder just about always) and drain. Set aside.
In the skillet, combine soup, butter, and wine. Fill the empty soup can 1/2 full with water, and whisk into the sauce. Add onion powder and pepper (I use a lot of pepper). Taste and see if it needs anything (I always add more wine, but hey, its me). Add beef to the sauce. Fold in pasta when its done.

Its seriously pretty good. It looks a little like gravy before you add the pasta, but it tastes not like gravy, so don't freak out. Its a little reminiscent of Hamburger Helper, but better, both in taste and because you make it yourself. You can also add fresh or canned mushrooms to it if you're a fan.

1 comment: