Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving festivities

My Thanksgiving festivities have been very hectic. Trying to coordinate 3 different Thanksgivings in 2 days is quite an undertaking. It doesn't help that I have about 5 or 6 projects that are due by the end of the break. Hectic.

I really like Thanksgiving.
Mostly because I really like food. I like the whole family togetherness and the thankfulness, but I REALLY like food.
I have been craving real food. Me and April cook once a week, but the majority of my diet consists of things prepared in the microwave or school food (which is totally not real food).
Thanksgiving food Arli has been craving:


Turkey
The obvious choice. The bird that inspires us to be thankful. Also, I love gravy.

Mashed Taters
There are few things in this world that I love more than mashed potatoes. Potatoes are good in and of themselves, but if you mash those suckers and pour some gravy on it... Oh mama.
Also: I think gravy improves most things.

Green Bean Casserole
Oh, the goodness. I crave this all year round. Green beans with crunchy goodness on top.


Chocolate Lush
Oh. Just... Oh. Don't know what Lush is? It is heaven in your mouth, that's what it is. Similar to pie, but in larger proportions with more whipped cream. All-around amazing and generally awe-inspiring.


Needless to say, I plan to put on some pounds over the break. And I am totally OK with that. So worth it.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you had a good thanksgiving! i'm sad we missed each other.

    ReplyDelete