Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two Thosand and Eleven

Stuff that went down in 2011:
  • Started out the year with our first ever husband-and-wife New Year's kiss.
  • Had our very first dog birthday party
  • Celebrated our first Valentine's Day
  • Cut my hair super short for the first time ever
  • Seriously worked on my cooking skills
  • Spent Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day in New Orleans with one of my besties
  • Traveled to and from Austin , A LOT
  • Watched my husband graduate from college
  • Started working at the HobLobby
  • Spent WAY too much money at the HobLobby
  • Made new friends
  • Phillip got a grown-up job
  • Packed everything up and left College Station for Houston, presumably for good
  • Moved to a new HobLobby and made some more friends
  • Loved being close to family and friends
  • Got way better at doing laundry 
  • Got a new computer
  • Got super crafty and started selling my flowers
  • Phillip turned 22
  • I turned 22 (jeez I'm getting old)
  • Had my first ever surprise party, which was awesome
  • Saw one of my best friends get married
  • Went to 3 more friends' weddings
  • Had our first anniversary!
  • Became season-ticket holders at Moody Gardens with my parents after spending a super fun weekend there
  • Got in my first auto accident and totaled my car
  • Bought a new car (and had my first car payment)
  • Got a call that one of my other besties got engaged 
  • Realized that almost all of my friends are now married, getting married, or having babies
  • Phillip got a call with a new job offer BACK in College Station
  • Bought our first house! AHHH!
  • Packed everything up and moved BACK up to College Station (and this time, it better be for awhile)
  • Started getting the "When are you having kids?" question
  • Gained some weight
  • Resolved to loose some weight
  • Baked Christmas cookies, from scratch, for the first time ever (with some help)
  • Traveled around for Christmas
  • Got my first smart phone
  • Almost learned to use my first smart phone
  • Upgraded our TV and got our first game console (I'm a lot more excited about one of those)
  • Re-connected with old friends
  • Became a nanny
  • Were pretty happy.

Stuff That Will Hopefully Go Down in 2012:
  • Make our first mortgage payment (Eeep)
  • Grow my business
  • Get a big girl job after May
  • Not wreck any more cars
  • Take my first Defensive Driving course
  • Watch Phillip start his grad school classes
  • Find a new church home up here
  • Make frequent trips to Houston to visit everyone
  • Be the Maid of Honor in Caitlyn's wedding
  • Meet some new babies (not of my own, don't over think this) :D
  • Finish unpacking my house 
  • Paint my house
  • Start budgeting money a little better (or at least pay more attention to it)
  • Go on a big vacation (either to Colorado with family or a Cruise) (and yes I know that was on last year's list, but this year it's going to happen for serious). 
  • Work out more, commit to things, start wearing contacts again, sew something impressive, get on a chore schedule, and connect with people more in real life instead of online
  • Be pretty happy. 
You can find last year's year list here.

1 comment:

  1. 2011 was a crazy busy year for you guys! i'm liking the 2012 list so far, but i think you should add/amend one item. take a cruise to alaska!! then you will have to fly to seattle first and visit us!

    ReplyDelete