Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Yes, I know, I am behind a bit. Deal.

So: For the Super Bowl, we went over to April and Jonathan's to hang out and watch the game. Well, I didn't watch the game. I watched the halftime show and the commercials. I care enough about football to like one team and hate one team (Saints and Cowboys, respectively), and the rest I don't care about. I did like the Darth Vader commercial though. We had lots of fun hanging out :)

We had a variety of tasty treats to eat, including pigs-in-a-blanket and pizza dip (very tasty).
I made this:

Creamy Jalapeno Dip

What you need:
2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 tbsp garlic powder
16 oz sour cream
1 package ranch dressing powder/mix

What you do:
Combine all ingredients using a submersion blender (definitely one of my favorite kitchen appliances, but a regular blender would probably still work). Blend until smooth. Chill before serving (usually takes about an hour to thicken up nicely). Serve with corn chips. Also makes a very tasty topping for burritos and fajitas!

I've been told it tastes like some dip/sauce stuff at Chuy's, but seeing as how I don't think I've ever eaten there (maybe once), I don't know. It is tasty though.

1 comment:

  1. That dip looks delish! I think we went to Chuy's with Jessica once, like two or three years ago. I don't remember much about though.

    Congrats on the new job!!! And please post about Valentine's Day. I saw your pics on face book and your romantic meal looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete